Wednesday, April 25, 2012



Presenting the Yoga In The Park promo vid!

Yoga In The Park began in March 2009 when I thought: "Wouldn't it be great to practise yoga outdoors?" I was not a teacher then, so one of my favourite instructors, Rashidah, taught me and my motley group of friends and relatives every other Saturday at 5pm in the Botanic Gardens.

Since then some things have changed, others have not.

Things that have changed:

1. As of July 2010, I became a qualified yoga teacher, and went from Yoga In The Park organiser and student, to teacher and Chief Executive Master of Yogafun. (OK I made the last one up)
2. Back then, we attempted to practise in direct sunlight. Pretty hardcore. Now, we do our asana in the shade of a shala, or gazebo.

3. There are swans in the lake now. Awesome!

4. We've done so much. Night classes (now defunct. hello bugs! buhbye bugs!) , at least four different shalas at the Eco-Lake, and even a charity class for Japan Earthquake Relief ($458 raised, thank you all).       

5. Classes are now every Saturday at 5:30pm.

Things that have not changed:
1. The al fresco yoga experience. We will always take it outside.

2. My motley group of friends and relatives and their friends and relatives continue to attend. I surely have the loveliest students in the world.

3. Beginner-friendly classes, with a little kick ;) [Remember when the entire class did handstand that time? I do!]

4. I still giggle when I hear "let's take it outside". Tee hee.


Vanessa, Xin Hui, Lynette, Simon, Calvin from click2view and NParks you helped made this video happen - Much Gratitude.

Thank you to all my students and all my teachers for the privilege of teaching you and the honour of learning from you.

Love & light,



S